Stickney Christmas tree: 2012
Saturday, November 24, 2012
I began the week by going to urgent care to be treated for a severe sinus infection and was crossing my fingers hoping that I would be healthy enough to enjoy Thanksgiving with my family that had made the 14 hour journey to visit. Thankfully the nice lady prescribed antibiotics and they worked! We had a great time at my parents house in SC.
5. Bailey pointed to a can of Coke and said "pop" clear as day! I'm pretty sure she wanted some...
4. Brandon yelled at Bailey for hitting Tyler. So she walked over and pinched me. I don't see how this is fair.
3. We went Christmas tree shopping today! Bailey loved every minute of it. She walked up to each tree, touched it with 1 finger, yelled "tree", and then happily squealed and moved on to the next tree!
2. After the novelty of touching each tree wore off, Bailey began an amusing game of chase me in a circle around the tree with Mommy.
1. Daddy farted and said "shoooo". Bailey lifted his shirt and tried to check his diaper. :o)
Have a great weekend!
Posted by Carrie at 4:34 PM
Friday, November 16, 2012
I can't believe Thanksgiving is almost here and Christmas is right around the corner! I'm looking forward to spending extra days next week with my little ones and spending some time with my family that is traveling south for the holiday. I hope you enjoy our laughs!
5. While shopping at the local Walmart, Bailey and I overheard a mom a few aisles down from us yelling at her children for misbehaving. Bailey thinks she's the boss of everyone and began "helping" by shaking her finger and telling them "n-n-n-n-n-n!"
4. Tyler is working hard to learn his sight words for school. When we practice them, Bailey is usually trying to run off with the flash cards. One night this week she chose to join him instead. Her response:
say see: "Eh!"
say the: "Eh!"
say is: "Eh!"
say no: "n-n-n-n-n-n!" with the added finger shake
say my: "Eh!"
say to: "Eh!"
say go: (points to door) "G!"
say jump: thinks, stands up and jumps
3. Brandon was getting Bailey ready for a bath while I did some school work when he screams "She peed on me!" I.almost.died.laughing.
2. Tyler spent the tail end of last week and early this week getting over a virus that had him throwing up and running a fever for several days. He got up in the middle of the night last night and snuck into our bedroom. Brandon asked him what he wanted and he said "I want to snuggle. Look, I brought my puke blanket."
1. Tyler and Bailey were playing together in what we refer to as the playroom when Bailey began SCREAMING. You know, the ear piercing, I think my child might be seriously injured kind of scream? Here is our conversation:
Dad: "What did you do to her?"
Dad: "Yes, you did. What did you do to her?"
Tyler: "I just touched her."
Dad: "No way. Did you sit on her?"
Tyler: "No I just touched her, watch." (touches Bailey with one finger on the arm)
Bailey: immediately screams
Me: doubled over laughing
Have a fantastic weekend! :0)
Posted by Carrie at 6:15 PM
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Friday, November 9, 2012
What a week! Tyler has (had?) some sort of virus this week that I'm praying doesn't make it's way through the rest of us! Thankfully Brandon's job is more flexible than mine so he stayed home with him the first day (during the worst of it!) and I stayed home on day 2. There wasn't too much laughing going on this week....
5. Bailey has a doll stroller that she firmly believes she belongs in. Once she's in (or on it) she then screams to be rescued. And repeat...
4. Our neighborhood installed some fantastic (insert sarcastic voice here) speed bumps a few weeks ago. They repaired one of them but haven't had a chance to paint it the same color as the rest of them. Tyler noticed this and said "Hey mom, the speed bumps are changing color because the trees are changing color!"
3. Bailey was being
herself a monster in the mall and threw her paci down on the floor about a hundred times. Brandon finally got tired of it and put it in his pocket. As we were walking through another store, she began screaming hysterically and pointing at a little girl. That little girl, had the exact same paci as Bailey. Bailey was quite surprised when Daddy gave it back to her and she realized there were 2 of them!
2. Bailey wanted some grapes with dinner so I cut some up and gave them to her. She then looked at the grapes that were on my plate and began trying to put hers back together. They must not taste as good when cut in half???
1. Tyler has had a wicked cough as well as a fever. Fearing Bronchitis I asked him if he was coughing up anything. He said yes, so I asked him to spit it out next time so I could see what it looked like. He coughed 2 seconds later and proceeded to spit on the carpet. Not quite what I was looking for kid...
Have a great weekend!
Posted by Carrie at 4:28 PM
Friday, November 2, 2012
5. I took the kids to the mall to get Bailey some new shoes. Upon walking into the shoe store, Bailey's eyes became as big as quarters, her jaw hit the floor, and she immediately began pointing yelling "that" while kicking her feet. This.child.is.all.girl.
4. Brandon gave Bailey a poptart that had a snowman on it. She refused to eat it and instead spent the morning talking to the snowman and giggling.
3. Bailey loves to copy everything, everyone, ALL the time. While on a trip to the store:
Tyler coughed-Bailey coughed
Tyler cleared his throat-Bailey cleared her throat
Mommy laughed-Bailey fake laughed
2. I decided tonight that I wanted to rent a movie from the local red box machine for the first time (sad, I know). This is how the conversation went: Tyler- "Mommy, what's the red box?" Mommy- "You'll see." Tyler (In a super cute little boy/girly voice)- "I'm e-scited!"
1. Tyler made honor roll for 1st quarter!! This teacher/mom is super excited! On the way home from school on the afternoon that his teacher sent home the invite Tyler says in a super depressed voice "Mom, I'm still on a roll." Me-"When are you going to be off of the roll?" Tyler-"I don't know."
Have a great weekend!
Posted by Carrie at 5:38 PM