I don't normally make New Year resolutions because I know that I won't keep them. This year is going to be different. This year I am going to do something that interests me and I'm forcing myself to stick to it! It is time to tackle some of those pinterest pins that I have been collecting. Although I'm not as ambitious as some, so I'm only shooting for 2 projects per month. Best wishes to you and your hopes/dreams for the new year! I gotta go get crafty!
Saturday, December 29, 2012
This has been a wonderful week of spending quality time with my kids!
5. Bailey has fallen in love with my light up snowman. She kisses him goodnight every night and every morning drags one of us over to him to plug him in.
4. I searched for 4 months and in 3 different states to find a blonde hair, blue eyed Cabbage Patch baby doll. I gave up and bought Bailey a few other things instead. By change, Tyler and I were in a local Target and they had 2 of them, but of course I couldn't buy it because he was with me. I went back a few days later and managed to snag the last one. I was glad I did! Here's her reaction:
This doll NEVER leaves her side!
3. Tyler tied a blanket around his neck and played super hero.
2. Bailey stunk. I grabbed a diaper and the box of wipes and sat on the floor to change her. She grabbed both of them from me ran to Grandma (who HATES to change diapers), put them in her lap and layed down on the floor in front of her. I didn't complain!
1. Bailey: "Ewwwww!"
Me or Brandon or Tyler: "What's ewwww?"
Bailey: Grunts and farts or poops. Then laughs.
I could have sworn the doctor told me she was a girl....
Happy New Year!
Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Sunday, December 23, 2012
Friday, December 21, 2012
5. With Tyler in Kindergarten this year at my school, we often have interesting conversations during our 6:00 AM drive. One morning last week we had this one:
Tyler- "Mom, you're pretty."
Me- "Aw, thanks buddy!"
Tyler: "That was a nice thing to say, right mom?"
Me- "It sure was."
Tyler- "You smell good mommy. And so does grandma. That was nice to say too wasn't it!?"
Me- "Yes it was. You're a sweet boy. Do you say nice things like this to your teacher too?"
Tyler- "But I don't know if she smells good."
Me- "Why not?"
Tyler- "Cause I don't give her hugs!"
Good to know my boy is saving all his love for Mom and Grandma!
4. Bailey has figured out how to speak and get a response. This is a frequent occurrence in our home:
Bailey- smiles "Daddy!"
3. Let the pretend play begin! Bailey told me her doll was "shoooo" took a wipe out of the box and began to clean the babies bottom.
2. The dolls in our house have been pretty naughty lately, but don't worry because the toddler in our house has been taking care of the discipline! They have all been spanked, told no, and put in the corner.
1. We took the kids to see Santa.
I'm not sure, but I don't think Bailey liked him this year?
Have a great weekend and a Merry Christmas!
Posted by Carrie at 6:13 PM
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Saturday, December 8, 2012
Bailey has been keeping our household smiling these days. Probably because she's the only one getting naps in and the rest of us our too tired to be funny.... Enjoy!
5. Bailey and I were playing and I asked her to count something with me. I said, "1, 2, 3" and she immediately said "Go!" and ran away.
4. Bailey climbed up onto one of our dinning room chairs this week when we were getting dinner out on the table. I moved her to her high chair which resulted in immediate and hysterical screams while she pointed at the chair. Our high chair now has a new home in the garage...
3. Tyler had either a virus or the stomach flu early on this week. I asked him how he was feeling and he said his brain hurt.
2. I asked Bailey one night if she needed her diaper changed. She looked at me and ran. I followed her straight to the bathroom where she attempted to sit on the toilet.
1. Tyler was chilling in his bean bag chair watching a movie while Bailey and I shared a bowl of ice cream. He still wasn't feeling well and was refusing to eat. Bailey thought it was pretty cool that she was getting a special treat and Ty wasn't. Every bite I gave to her she ran across the room and put her face in front of his saying "mmmmmmmm!" Then she'd run back for more and do it again!
Have a great weekend!
Posted by Carrie at 6:47 AM
Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
My how time flies! Bailey is 18 months already and growing so fast. I now understand why my Grandma used to tell me as a young child that she wanted to put a brick on my head to keep me little! Here are her current milestones/stats:
-Walking both up and down the stairs with very little support
-Identifies who various objects in the house belong to (clothes, shoes, toys...)
-Lets us know her every want/need and is determined to get all of them met
-Puts shoes on independently (and most of the time on the right feet!)
-Uses a fork/spoon when eating with some success
-Word count -- around 30
-Favorite words: no, Tyler, mine, ball, hello
-Has to do everything big brother does!
-Complete Daddy's girl (unless Papa is around!)
-Climbing: on the table, furniture, counters, etc.
-Sleeps 11 hours a night with a 2 hour nap
-Loves food, eats more than Tyler on a regular basis!
-Talks (and pretends to) on the cell phone
-Loves baby dolls
-Teeth: 8 top + 8 bottom = 16!
-Teeth: 8 top + 8 bottom = 16!
Posted by Carrie at 4:12 PM
Saturday, December 1, 2012
5. We put up our tree this week and the kids help decorate. Well, they decorated the bottom of it anyway. All of the orniments somehow managed to make it up to the rest of the tree after they went to bed.
4. Bailey found the candy canes. The candy canes have now found the top of the tree.
3. The elf on a shelf has come to visit and Tyler has to let everyone know. The girls at school all get a daily update on where he found him that day.
2. Tyler went with me to Bailey's doctor appointment today. I'm mean, so I had them give him his flu shot while we were there and now he's not happy. On the way to the van he told me he didn't want to talk to me ever again.
1. While eating dinner one night, Tyler began screaming and crying hysterically. Turns out, he had a spider on his lap. It only took me 5 minutes of hugs to get him to settle down and then he refused to come back and finish his dinner. I think he might just take after his mom!
Have a great weekend! :o)
Posted by Carrie at 4:14 AM