5. I found a cute set of stacking cups at Ikea and bought them for Bailey since Tyler has lost half of the cups for his set over the years. I stacked them up and of course she knocked them down. She then picked up one of the cups and ran over to the fridge trying to get water from the dispenser.
4. My niece was riding her bike at my house. Her mom had been trying to get her to take her training wheels off for a couple of weeks. As she was going around our circle, one of them fell off and she didn't notice. She proceeded to ride her bike around the street for several minutes before figuring out that it was missing! Needless to say, she is riding her bike with no training wheels now.
3. We took our kids to the Dan Nicolas Park this week. I posted about a previous trip there in April. They have a donkey in the petting zoo that can be very ornery (on our last trip we watched him bite a little girl). Tyler walked over to his pen and said "Come here buddy. Don't you remember me? I'm your best friend." The donkey didn't move.
2. Bailey got a new pair of sandals for her birthday courtesy of her Aunt. The big kids were all playing outside and Bailey must have wanted to go to because she brought her sandals to me, threw them on my lap and pointed at the door.
1. Brandon was in the kitchen making snow cones for the kids Friday night. Tyler walked in and went to grab his flip flops so he could go outside. We hear from the other room "Oh no Dad! The pirate on my flip flop is melting!" To which Dad replied with "No it's not, it's a piece of ice that I dropped."
Both kids have been sick this week so finding 5 laughs has been quite the challenge!
1. Everyone Tyler meets gets to hear about his birthday. He proudly explains that his birthday is today to anyone that will listen. I quickly correct him and say what day was really his birthday to which he responds, "but mom, my birthday is a lot of days!"
2. This one comes from daycare. In an earlier post I mentioned that Bailey has become very interested in babies. I was informed at daycare there is a new baby. Whenever someone sits on the couch to hold the baby, Bailey climbs up next to them and puts her arms out to hold the baby too. The baby's mom let her hold her one day this week and Bailey gently rubbed the baby's face. She's sweet, when she wants to be!
3. I decided to paint my toes this week. Obviously I don't do it often because when I came downstairs Tyler was very concerned that there was something wrong with my feet because my toenails had suddenly turned green!
4. As stated above, my kids have been sick. Tyler has been telling everyone he passes that "I'm sick because a mean girl at daycare didn't sneeze in her elbow. She should sneeze in her elbow because it's the easy thing to do!"
5. Tyler's mouth sure is going to get him in trouble. At Walmart this week, he very loudly told me that the man behind us was chewing his gum with his mouth open and that it was rude.
1. My son is obsessed with Spider-Man and has been for a couple of years now. He even has a Spider-Man muscle costume from Halloween 2 years ago, which he will often try to squeeze himself back into. Last Saturday, he decided to run around the house all day as Spider-Man. I over hear him getting very angry at Bailey and telling her to hold still. She then enters the living room with the biggest grin on her face and the Spider-Man hat on! I tried to get a picture, but she's too quick.
2. No one felt like cooking one night this week so we ordered a pizza from Hungry Howie's. Tyler took one bite of it and said he didn't like this pizza because he only likes Papa Johns pizza. Brandon quickly responded by telling him this is Papa Johns pizza. Tyler smiled and finished off 2 pieces. I'm not sure what we are going to do next year when he learns how to read.....
3. My mom has always told me what a terrible crib chewer I was. Tyler left a couple of marks on his crib, but nothing major. Bailey is obviously has a little more of her mother in her as she is quite the beaver. I heard her crying one morning but decided to wait a minute to see if she would lay back down. When I went in to get her, her face was covered in white paint chips!
4. Tyler turned 5 on Wednesday. This was a BIG birthday for him. His dad woke him up Wednesday morning as usual while I finished getting ready for the day. This is how the conversation went:
Tyler whispers: "Dad, I grew last night."
Dad: "You did?"
He then brings him into our bedroom to say good morning to me.
Me: "Tyler, did you grow?"
Tyler: Smiles, "Yeah, look at my arm!"
It's amazing what they think a birthday means at this age!
5. Tyler got Planet 51 for his birthday and watched it with me last night. At one point her was mad at the aliens for being mean to the astronaut. He looked at me and said "If they aren't nice to him I'm going to say a naughty word. I'm going to tell them to hush their mouths." Boy am I glad that "hush their mouths" was the naughty word he was thinking of!
1. On Monday, I told Tyler to go upstairs and get a clean pair of underwear for the day. He went upstairs and while coming down I asked if he had found some. He replied with "Yup, see?" I turned to find him coming downstairs like this:
I then proceeded to ask if they were actually clean which prompted him to shove them in my face and say "Yup, smell them."
2. We took the kids to the park on Sunday for a little family fun. Bailey decided that the wood chips weren't for her and refused to get off of the pavement. Here she is thinking about taking a step into them. She quickly changed her mind.
3. I love when babies start to develop a sense of humor. This week, I put a bowl on top of Bailey's head. She then smiled and laughed hysterically.
4. We bought Tyler a water baby for Christmas the year I was pregnant with Bailey so he would have his own baby to take care of when his sister came home from the hospital. Water baby never received much love from him, but Bailey sure has taken it over. This doll weighs a ton since it is full of water and is almost as tall as Bailey. Bailey spent 20 minutes one night this week wrapping the baby up in a blanket and trying to carry it around. Every time it dropped (which was every 4 or 5 steps), she'd re-wrap it and try it again. I never thought girls would be so much fun!
5. Brandon taught Tyler a couple of years ago how to blow raspberries on my stomach which he will still do on occasion. Apparently this tradition is getting passed down yet again. Now, every time I lay on the floor Bailey will run over, lift my shirt, and begin slobbering all over my stomach in an attempt to make the silly noise. The smile on her face when she gets it to work is priceless!!
I hope you enjoyed reading about the sillyness that is my family!