5. It's been a little chilly here lately so Bailey has been wearing blue jeans. This is an AWESOME thing because apparently when you wear blue jeans and your 17 months old, you can't lift your leg up high enough to climb on top of the couch!
4. Bailey was sitting on my lap and I rubbed her back for a minute. When I stopped, she lifted her shirt and complained that I quit.
3. I needed to talk with the assistant principal at school one afternoon and left Tyler in the office. When I got done I found that he had been brought into the Principal's office. She was cracking up and explained this conversation:
Secretary: Tyler! Are you in trouble? Your in the Principal's office!
Principal: Tyler, do you want some fruit snacks?
Principal: Are you sure your mom won't get mad? I wouldn't want her mad at me.
Tyler: Yeah cause then you'd have to come sit in this chair (referring to the principals chair).
2. Apparently I tell my kids at school to sit criss-cross applesauce a little too much. One afternoon while they were sitting in their chairs working a little too loudly I told them to "Please sit down criss-cross applesauce in your seat with a bubble in your mouth." One of my boys says "Mrs. Stickney, it's really hard to sit criss-cross applesauce in your chair!" I looked at him and sure enough, he was giving it a go! Oops, I hadn't even realized I said it!
1. Brandon told Tyler to open his ears and listen. This is how Tyler responded:
The kids and I took a much needed break from the chaos of everyday life. We spent a weekend in SC with my parents and took a trip to their local pumpkin patch. Although it was a little expensive, the kids had a fantastic time!
5. We took the kids to the local pumpkin patch this past week. They have a few animals there for the kids to pet. Bailey fell in love with the horses. She stood at the fence making kissing noises and patting her leg to get them to come to her!
4. Whenever a question is asked beginning with "Where...." we get this response:
3. Brandon was making some break and bake cookies. Tyler asked him if he was making cookies and his smart mouthed dad said "No, I'm cooking wood." Tyler then said, "I want to eat some wood. What's in it?" I replied "Just some leaves and dirt." When they finished cooking, he was so excited to get to try some wood! It's been a few days and he's still asking for it!
2. Tyler wanted to play tea party. He draped a dark blanket over some larger toys, filled 2 cups with water and grabbed 2 apples. He drug daddy off of the couch and had a tea party, in the dark, in a tent that was only a foot or so off the ground. Dad was such a good sport about it!
1. The following video is what happens when your 17 month old watches their big brother a little too closely...
5. I was looking for something in the back of the closet which contains no light. Miss thing decided to shut Mommy into the closet thus leaving me in complete black, in the back of the closet, with hands full of stuff. Eventually I figured out how to reach the door and open it back up just to have her repeat the fun.
4. Tyler and I "decorated" for Halloween this week. There is now a black cat on our mantel that Bailey insists says "arf arf".
3. Bailey and Tyler were running around the house and Bailey accidentally tripped. I of course asked her if she was okay, which led to her intentionally falling every 2 minutes for the rest of the evening. It must be a super awesome game though, since she has done it every night since. I think I may even give it a whirl?
2. I asked Bailey if she was ready for bed last night, so she ran over to the gate at the stairs and tried to rip it down. Dad asked where his kiss was so she threw her paci on the ground, ran toward him and made kissy noises the whole way. Sooo CUTE!
1. I may or may not have let a stink bomb go one morning in front of Tyler. Without missing a beat, Tyler said "Ewe gross, girls aren't supposed to fart. Daddy, let's make a sign."