We've had a pretty laid back week this week. Our summer has been very busy so the relaxation and rest we received was very much needed. And, I had 2 of my wisdom teeth pulled out Saturday so I spent the early part of the week in bed. Now, we are getting ready to head out camping tomorrow afternoon! I hope you enjoy our families laughs!
5. As stated above, I had 2 of my wisdom teeth pulled out Saturday. Even though we attempted to prepare Tyler for the event, he still didn't quite understand what was going on. When I arrived home from the dentist he was quite concerned that I wouldn't talk or open my mouth. He spent the day following me around until he finally caught a glimpse of my front teeth to which he exclaimed "Mom, the dentist didn't take out all of your teeth!"
4. Tyler is often sent to the corner when he misbehaves at home. He wasn't being very nice one of the nights so I told him if he didn't stop he was going to go to the corner. Bailey looked up at me, started whining, and walked over to the wall right on cue! And no, I have never sent my 1 year old to the corner.
3. My brother flew into Charlotte on Tuesday so my Mom, Bailey, and I went to the airport to pick him up. Bailey fell asleep on the way and Tyler immediately whispered that we had to be quiet because she was sleeping and whispered yelled at mom and I for talking. Just as he ended this sentence he screams "MOM, LOOK IT'S A PLANE!!" So much for her nap. :)
2. Tyler has become more independent this summer and is doing a lot more for himself. One of the things he has taken over is dressing himself. I told him to put on PJ's after his bath one night so he did. A few minutes later he was being a stinker so my husband decided to be a bugger back and pulled Ty's pants down as he was running by. Tyler looked down at his pants when he was pulling them up back up and said "Great dad. You made them be backwards." Must be his dad is magical?
1. I have been trying to organize our house this summer. We never fully unpacked when we moved into this house 3 years ago. Whoops, but to my credit this was the 6th place we had moved to in a year's time so I was tired of packing/unpacking. I had an empty tub in the living room and noticed Tyler looking at the warning label on the lid. He whispers "first you put the kid in, then you shut the lid." I think I'll need to watch him a little closer for the next few weeks!
Have a great weekend! :-)